An emergency fire alarm inside Kimpel Hall was deactivated by Facilities Management after going off around 12:15 p.m.
Students inside Kimpel were instructed to go outside while the alarm sounded. Faculty waited inside by the second floor doors. Facilities Management was notified and worked to shut the alarm off as students walked back inside.
The fire alarm preceded the weekly campus-wide emergency alarm test. The building alarm and the campus-wide test were not related in any way.
Shortly after Facilities Management turned off the alarm, it was discovered that a burnt piece of toast caused the initial building siren and evacuation, according to Facilities Management.
The Arkansas Traveler reported on the scene via Facebook and Twitter. For more information, follow @uatrav.