The Razorback men’s tennis team fell to the No. 20 Tennessee Volunteers in its final road conference match of the season, losing by a score of 4-0.
Arkansas fell to 12-15 overall and 2-9 in Southeastern Conference play following the loss in Knoxville Saturday.
The struggling Razorbacks couldn’t find a rhythm against the Volunteers on their Senior Day, not allowing Arkansas to win a set in doubles competition.
The Vols took two doubles matches from Arkansas by scores of 8-5 and 8-4 while the third match went suspended and unfinished. Tennessee also got wins in three singles matches, but three other singles matches were unfinished.
Arkansas will get its opportunity to find success on Senior Day next Saturday, April 12 as the Razorbacks will honor their five graduating seniors and play host to rival LSU.
After the Razorbacks close out the regular season schedule with LSU, Arkansas will compete in the SEC Tournament beginning on April 16.
1. #20 Hunter Reese (UT) vs. Mike Nott (ARK) 6-3, 4-4, unfinished
2. #38 Mikelis Libietis (UT) def. Manfred Jeske (ARK) 6-3, 6-3
3. Brandon Fickey (UT) def. Hall Fess (ARK) 6-4, 6-4
4. Jarryd Chaplin (UT) def. Jovan Parlic (ARK) 6-2, 6-1
5. Andrew Dromsky (UT) vs. Johan den Toom (ARK) 6-7 (2-7), 5-4, unfinished
6. Bartosz Sawicki (UT) vs. Santiago Munoz (ARK) 6-4, 5-6, unfinished